How Frequently Must You Consult a Dentist in Chandler?August 17, 2021
The answer to this is once every six months. We all know why a regular visit to the dentist at a dental clinic like Smiles of Chandler is crucial. In our previous blog, we have explained 7 important tips when picking a dentist in Chandler. Dental experts like Dr. James Heaton helps optimize oral health while ensuring that your smile looks great, if your consultations are organized.
How Often Is Good Enough for You To Visit a Dentist in Chandler?
The twice-a-year rule is good enough for an average person who has no major health-related or teeth-related issues. However, certain people need to consult the dentist in Chandler more systematically.
Who Needs to Visit the Dentist in Chandler More Often?
Individuals who have an existing oral health issue or are at risk of developing dental issues should schedule an appointment with a dentist at least four times a year. It could be more than this as well. It hinges on the suggestions of the dentist.
Who Are They?
- Habitual smokers – prone to acute gum issues.
- People who are suffering from gum issues.
- People who have a failing immune system.
- People involved in accidents – those who have hurt their teeth or jaw.
- People who have diabetes because high sugar directly affects the acid-wearing and bacteria-fighting capabilities of their teeth.
- Pregnant women need to visit the dentist more often because hormones like estrogen and progesterone weaken the bones in the mouth.
Why Is the Trip to the Dentist in Chandler So Important?
- To examine your health and oral health regularly.
- To help thwart potential gum and oral diseases.
- To improve your smile and confidence.
- Once in six months, your dentist checks for stains, plaque, tartar, etc., and removes the same before these develop into anything serious.
- If you are a patient of a chronic disease, it is a good idea to have your teeth checked to ensure that the disease has not affected your oral health.
- If you have young kids, it is good to regularly get them to the dentist for check ups and for them to understand the importance of maintaining oral health.
If you are looking for a dentist in Chandler and require dental service, consider Dr. James Heaton DDS, FAGD for reliable dental service. Visit our website of Smiles of Chandler or call us at (480) 899-9484 and schedule an appointment today.
Request an Appointment
Dr Heaton is as kind as he is competent. He treats me like a person, not a paycheck and I feel like I can trust him to only recommend what I need. I also referred an employee of mine who needed serious dental care and did not have a lot of money. Dr Heaton was flexible and kind and so helpful. Highly Recommend.Jason J.
Most people dread going to the dentist but I'm always excited to go especially when it means seeing all of the wonderful people who work there. My family has been going here for more than 20 years and I've never had a bad experience. You can count on walking out the door with a huge (minty fresh) smile on your face. Highly recommended!Gina D.